As the end of the spring semester is (somehow) rapidly approaching, I have found myself constantly telling myself I’ll do things over the summer. “When I actually have free time, I definitely want to…” is a phrase I feel myself saying more and more frequently. The following is a list of TV shows, recipes and books I want to get through when I have some time off from school and extracurricular responsibilities.
- Watch: The Wire. I have only heard great things about this show. As someone who loves mob and mafia movies (hello, Goodfellas), I’ve been told I would be obsessed with The Wire.
- Read: The rest of the Game of Thrones books. Well considering how long they are, that might be ambitious. I at least want to start reading them again. Last summer I read the first book, and simply didn’t have time to dive into the second. Now that the show is back, I would love to get ahead of the TV storyline!
- Make: Hi-Hat Cupcakes. This was a goal of mine last summer. I actually wanted to make them for my own birthday, but struggled with the meringue frosting. Luckily the cupcakes still tasted good, I just gave up on doing the dipping part. There are so many tutorials and tips on how to successfully coat the frosting in chocolate, I’m hoping I can finally make these!
- Watch: Breaking Bad. Now that the obsession has died down over this show, I think I can truly enjoy it. Hearing people freak out over what was going on in every new episode was pretty standard when it was still on, but I had no idea what any of the things people were talking about meant. Starting from the beginning, I know I won’t remember any of the spoilers people said. I can’t wait!
- Read: The Monuments Men. I actually started reading this book over winter break in hopes of finishing before the movie came out, which was clearly unsuccessful. I enjoyed the book, I just didn’t have time to keep up with it.
- Make: Bread from scratch. I don’t have a particular recipe in mind just yet, but the thought of using yeast has always intimidated me. I know once I use it once I’ll get over it and be fine! To me, making a perfectly cooked loaf of bread would be a great achievement.